Thursday, November 6, 2008

Internet research


I am going to discuss the effect that technology has on young children. I recently allowed my children to use an online web-site to study for a up-coming test. The results were 25% higher then the last test. The children were allowed to use the search engine to gather information that they will be tested on. They printed out on average six to seven pages of copied and pasted research. I believe that if the children are allowed to use a computer they are preparing for the future and will be very successful. During the task they learned how to search for the subjects and how to copy and paste.
I think that each child should be able to use a computer to do their work and research for projects. I think it will improve the scores and the learning levels of the children. The children are seeking technology and we need to offer it to them. I think it will change their outlook on school it and might actually be a fun experience for them.

From first hand experience I know I learn more from the computer then I do from a book or other resources. You are allowed the chance to get to the main point of your research quicker.

Internet research is a wonderful thing it takes the countless hours out of searching the libary shelves for the information you are looking for. Its easy and you can do it on your time and not by the school libarys hours or even the public libary hours. I enjoy researching topics now with the internet, another benifit is being able to copy and paste the mla/apa format for the citing of your resource. I can see the childrens point on wanting more teconology incorporated in their home and school settings.

No comments: